Ganglion Board (4-channels)
Ganglion Board (4-channels)
The OpenBCI Ganglion is a high-quality, affordable bio-sensing device, compatible with OpenBCI's free open-source software. On the input side, there are 4 high-impedance differential inputs, a driven ground (DRL), a positive voltage supply (Vdd), and a negative voltage supply (Vss). The inputs can be used as individual differential inputs for measuring EMG or ECG, or they can be individually connected to a reference electrode for measuring EEG. Data is sampled at 200Hz on each of the 4 channels.
We are using a Simblee for our onboard microcontroller and wireless connection. Simblee is RF Digital’s next-generation Arduino-compatible radio module. It is smaller and more robust than the RFDuino, which we have been using on our OpenBCI 32bit Boards and USB Dongles. The new Simblee provides user-programmable flash, 29 GPIO pins, and the ability to update software over the air (OTA). Every Ganglion will be pre-programmed with versatile firmware so you can get started sensing your body right out of the box. We will also break out up to 16 of the GPIOs for you to hack with.
What comes inside the box?
- (x1) OpenBCI Ganglion Board
- (x1) 6V AA battery holder (AA batteries not included)
- (x4) plastic feet (for board stabilization)
Ganglion Technical Specifications:
- Power with 3.3V to 6V DC battery ONLY
- Current Draw: 14mA when idle, 15mA connected and streaming data
- Simblee BLE Radio module (Arduino Compatible)
- MCP3912 Analog Front End
- LIS2DH 3 axis Accelerometer
- Board Dimensions 2.41” x 2.41” (octagon has 1” edges)
- Mount holes are 3/16” ID, 0.8” x 2.166” on centre
- Switches to manually connect/disconnect inputs to the REF pin
- Note that the Ganglion has a bandpass filter that cuts out any frequency below 0.3 Hz. If that is a concern, order the Cyton 8-channel board
- If you chose to use another power source, we recommend this rechargeable JST 2-pin Lithium Ion Polymer Battery - 3.7V.
- Please be advised that product prices do not include customs fees, import taxes, brokerage fees, or any customs clearance fees. This is the responsibility of the customer.
If shipping to Europe, please expect the import tax to be about 25% of the product price. If shipping to other countries, it is about 10-20%. For a free estimate of the total import duty and tax, use this calculator. Enter the HS code 8542310000 when prompted.
ALL OpenBCI orders ship from the US. We ship worldwide!
The Ganglion Board is not a medical device nor is it intended for medical diagnosis and provided to you "as is," and we make no express or implied warranties whatsoever with respect to its functionality, operability, or use, including, without limitation, any implied warranties, fitness for a particular purpose, or infringement. We expressly disclaim any liability whatsoever for any direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or special damages, including, without limitation, lost revenues, lost profits, losses resulting from business interruption or loss of data, regardless of the form of action or legal theory under which the liability may be asserted, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Evaluation Board/Kit Important Notice:
OpenBCI, Inc. provides the enclosed product(s) under the following conditions: This evaluation board/kit is intended for use for ENGINEERING DEVELOPMENT, DEMONSTRATION, OR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY and is not considered by OpenBCI, Inc. to be a finished end-product fit for general consumer use. Persons handling the product(s) must have electronics training and observe good engineering practice standards.
As such, the goods being provided are not intended to be complete in terms of required design-, marketing-, and/or manufacturing-related protective considerations, including product safety and environmental measures typically found in end products that incorporate such semiconductor components or circuit boards. This evaluation board/kit does not fall within the scope of the European Union directives regarding electromagnetic compatibility, restricted substances (RoHS), recycling (WEEE), FCC, CE or UL, and therefore may not meet the technical requirements of these directives or other related directives.
We Also Recommend
The Neurofeedback Book, An Introduction to Basic Concepts in Applied Psychophysiology