EVO is designed to provide power without the pain.
At Ekso, we believe every injury is preventable:
- Our mission is to eliminate worker injuries and help with activities of daily living.
- To that end, EVO was developed in collaboration with customers, physical therapists, and partner feedback to address the unique challenges of industrial applications.
- EVO, the next evolution of EksoVest, is the world’s most durable, naturally-tracking, and assistive exoskeleton vest.
EVO features additional exoskeleton technology we’ve been working on, based on market feedback. We’ve improved the design, manufacturing, velocity, system, and ergonomics to ensure that this wearable exoskeleton delivers an exceptional user experience for workers and wearers of all sizes and trades.
What Is Evo?
We built EVO because we heard you.
Our first industrial exoskeleton vest, EksoVest, changed the way construction workers and manufacturers think about safety. Allowing leading companies in the industrial market like Ford and Boeing to reduce production costs and worker injuries while increasing productivity and efficiency, EksoVest was field-tested around the world for three years. Your feedback on function has been heard and we are proud to introduce you to our new solution: EVO.
- LOWER COST: In order to reduce the barrier to entry, we have created flexible powered exoskeletons, making the use of the device simple to adopt for your workers with a great return on investment.
- REDUCED HEAT: We wanted to make extended use and motor function effortless, so EVO has minimal touch-points, keeping you cool while EVO lifts heavy loads for you.
- ENHANCED COMFORT: We lessened the bulkiness and weight of our new vest. With improved features such as customized fit and reduced weight, EVO is incredibly comfortable to wear on your waist and upper arm.
- DATA BACKED: With rigorous field testing by clinicians, EVO is quality guaranteed and built around data collected throughout its development in the field. Human capabilities are limitless for stand positions and overhead work with minimum discomfort and increased quality of life.
EVO is designed to provide power without the pain:
You can’t move without pain if you can’t move naturally. EVO has been designed in partnership with a smart assistant to move together with your body, allowing for strength throughout your natural range of motion. The user’s torso, waist, and arms can move freely without issue. Designed with minimal touch-points, EVO allows for an increased range of motion with the same support you expect with Ekso, allowing for more work for a long time with less pain. This lightweight exoskeleton allows you to move with complete freedom. EVO’s new exoskeleton technology takes away the strain and risk of overexertion while keeping you comfortable and upright.
Benefits of EVO:
- Reduces worker fatigue
- Improves health & endurance
- Increases productivity
- Prevents workplace injuries, especially shoulder injuries
- Elevates worker morale & retention
- Enhances workmanship & output in real-time
Lightweight, no compromises.
EVO’s patented stacked-link structure seamlessly follows the user’s arm and elbow through the full range of motion while providing proper joint alignment through repetitive movement. Extreme logistics positions — like reaching directly overhead, across the body, or even into a back pocket for a phone — are unrestricted with this wearable exoskeleton.
Batteries are not needed.
With an independent load path, EVO has completely decoupled left and right shoulder support structures to allow full flexibility of a user’s torso and waist, so twisting and bending feels completely natural. The user’s upper body is also completely free of limitations, allowing unrestricted airflow and leaving plenty of room for a fall harness. EVO is designed to only contact the user’s body where absolutely essential – including the elimination of annoying shoulder straps – while still staying firmly in place during use. The result is more comfortable and cooler to wear than even a backpack, especially in hot environments.
- Requiring no additional batteries, charging, or electrical power of any kind, EVO exoskeletons allow for a full day of wear without any downtime.
- It's an assistive device that can be easily activated and asymmetrically controlled by a toggle switch on each shoulder, allowing for individuals to put the vest on and work without any additional help.
EVO’s adjustable, high-force actuators are proven to be extremely durable with over a million cycles before requiring replacement. The assistance level of each device can be adjusted for the user and task by easily swapping out the set of compact gas springs. Different levels can even be selected for each arm independently depending on the task.
Let EVO take the weight off your shoulders.
EVO was designed based on field feedback from leading companies around the globe. Based on this feedback, we designed EVO to be unobtrusive, have minimal contact points, and provide the widest range of assistance in the industry.
Here are just a few of the applications for which our partners around the globe use EVO every day:
- Automotive manufacturing
- Food processing
- Aerospace manufacturing
- Coal Mining
- Logistics, fulfilment, and shipping
- Solar installation