The most credible and cost-effective mobile EEG Brainwear® device in the market.
The award-winning EMOTIV EPOC+ 14 channel mobile EEG is designed for scalable and contextual human brain research and advanced brain-computer interface applications and provides access to professional-grade brain data with a quick and easy to use design. Access high-quality raw EEG data with a PRO license or conduct research leveraging our detections for mental commands, performance metrics or facial expressions.
- The EMOTIV EPOC+ is a portable, high resolution, 14-channel, EEG system. It was designed to be quick and easy to fit and take measurements in practical research applications.
- It is compatible with all EMOTIV software products.
- EMOTIV products are intended to be used for research applications and personal use only.
The award-winning EMOTIV EPOC+ is designed for scalable and contextual human brain research and provides access to professional-grade brain data with a quick and easy to use design.
- 14-CHANNEL EEG: whole-brain sensing
- FAST SET UP: only 3-5 minutes
SALINE BASED ELECTRODES: wet sensors, no sticky gels
- WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY: PC and mobile devices
- RECHARGEABLE: up to 12 hours of battery
9 AXIS MOTION SENSORS: detect head movements
EPOC X Quick Start Guide:
STEP 1:Charge your headset
Set your headset to the “off” position before charging. It takes about 4 hours for the headset to be charged completely. The headset should not be charged on the head.
STEP 2: Hydrate the sensors
Always hydrate the sensors in the provided Hydrator Pack. The felt pads must be fully saturated with saline solution for good contact to be achieved. Keep the large white hydrator pad on the top cover of the hydrator pack dry. This will help the felt pads dry when they are not in use and reduce oxidation.
STEP 3: Install the sensors
Remove the sensor units with their felt pads from the hydrator pack and insert each one into the black plastic headset arms, gently turning each one clockwise one-quarter turn until you feel a “click.” Take care not to force sensors in place. The sensor units should be stored in the hydrator pack when not in use.
STEP 4: Fitting the headset
Using both hands, slide the headset down from the top of your head.
WARNING: DO NOT STRETCH OPEN THE HEADSET. It should glide onto the head.
The reference sensors have a black rubber covering. Position these sensors on the bone just behind each ear lobe. Correct placement of the reference sensors is critical for correct operation.
The two front sensors should be approximately at the hairline or about the width of 3 fingers above the eyebrows.
Pair your EPOC/EPOC+ via Bluetooth or USB.
Press and hold the 2 reference sensors (located just above and behind your ears) for about 20 seconds.
- EPOC+ is a consumer product; it is not intended to use for in-patient healthcare or in hazardous environments.
- EPOC+ is designed to use at room temperature; rapid changes in temperature will affect the performance of the amplifiers and increase the noise floor.
- EPOC+ uses saline-based sensors and every effort has been made to protect the electronics from water ingress, however, it is not waterproof. Please do not submerge your headset.
EMOTIV products are intended to be used for research applications and personal use only. Our products are not sold as Medical Devices as defined in EU directive 93/42/EEC. Our products are not designed or intended to be used for the diagnosis or treatment of disease.
- EPOC+ is powered by a Lithium-Polymer battery that is rated for operation in <45C environments. It is not user-replaceable, please contact support if you suspect a fault or have any questions.
- Do not open the enclosure. Doing so will void the warranty and can damage the headset.
- Do not charge EPOC+ while wearing the device. In the unlikely event, if your PC has a faulty power supply, you and your headset could unintentionally become the ground path.
- If EPOC+ detects a USB connection when turned on, it will stop communicating. If you would like to use it tethered, please use an EMOTIV Extender.
- The extender provides USB isolation and charging protection while tethered.
- Battery: Internal Lithium Polymer battery 640mAh
- Battery life: up to 12 hours using USB receiver, up to 6 hours using Bluetooth Low Energy
- Dimensions:9 x 15 x 15 cm
We Also Recommend
The Neurofeedback Book, An Introduction to Basic Concepts in Applied Psychophysiology