What is EmotiBit?
EmotiBit is a wearable sensor for capturing high-quality emotional, physiological, and movement data. EmotiBit provides scientifically validated sensing, making it an ideal tool for research. It's open-source (Arduino-compatible) and the data can be streamed wirelessly to any platform, enabling artists and makers to unlock new perspectives on biometric signals. EmotiBit is easy to use, so you can quickly integrate it into a class project. The data is 100% user-owned and can be directly recorded to the built-in SD card, empowering anyone to explore their own health and wellness without reservations about where that data might end up.
16+ biometric data streams:
- PPG (3-wavelength) to derive heart rate, heart rate variability, respiration, oxygen saturation, hydration and (we believe) much more!
- EDA / GSR (electrodermal activity / galvanic skin response) reflecting sympathetic nervous system responses that are driven by cognitive and emotional arousal.
- 9-axis IMU (accel, gyro, mag) to derive movements, activity, gesture, rotation, and cardinal direction.
- Body temperature to assess health as well as emotional reactions.
What can you do with EmotiBit?
Whether you're a researcher, developer, educator, artist, or just passionate about harnessing your own physiological data, the EmotiBit offers something for everyone!
Get inspired by the example projects in the product images.
- Get immediate feedback about how cognitive and neural processes change your body’s physiology on a moment by moment basis.
- Log your physical and psycho-emotional changes throughout the day.
- Use the simple data labelling feature built into the cross-platform EmotiBit data visualizer to leverage data science and machine learning and discover your bio-patterns.
- Track changes in body temperature, blood oxygen levels, and much more to build a long-term record of your bio-data.
- Create an audio-visual experience using your own biometric data.
- Data is accurately timestamped for synchronizing with other sensors/system
- You can select from different EmotiBit options to get the one that’s right for you.
- Fully open-source, cross-platform data visualizer software (Windows, Mac, Linux) is included with all options.
- EmotiBit Emo board
- Adafruit Feather M0 WiFi
- Lithium-ion battery
- MicroSD card
- EmotiBit MD board (includes medical-grade temperature sensor)
- Factory-calibrated Adafruit Feather for high-accuracy EDA
You need everything in the kit to use EmotiBit, including:
- Adafruit Feather M0 WiFi
- Lithium-ion battery (400mAh sized to fit between the EmotiBit & Feather)
- High-speed microSD card (U3 write speed)
What is the difference between the EmotiBit Emo and MD?
EmotiBit Emo Board:
- PPG Sensor (3-wavelength)
- EDA / GSR sensor (+AgCl snap electrodes)
- 9-axis IMU (Accel, Gyro, Mag)
- Temperature sensor
EmotiBit MD Board:
- Everything in EmotiBit Emo Board
- PLUS a medical-grade temperature sensor (thermopile)
We Also Recommend
The Neurofeedback Book, An Introduction to Basic Concepts in Applied Psychophysiology